Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hands On & Minds On!



The webquest was a big topic of this weeks classes. Using the pbworks site, my task was to create a webquest on bar graphs. I had to remember that a webquest gives the student a problem to solve. I struggled with this aspect for a while trying to come up with an idea of something the students could do. I researched a lot of different webquests looking for ideas.

After a lot of pondering and thinking, I had the students become detectives and find lost data. Once my webquest got rolling I was on the ball. The webquest was becoming for me what the unit plan in basics was: My baby! I absolutely fell in love with the process involved in creating my webquest and I must say it was addicting. I spent endless hours adding links, pages, and pictures to make my webquest appealing to the student's that were going to be using it and to other teacher's that may want to use my webquest.

I also spent a lot of my time helping others in the class with their own webquests. There was a lot of confusion especially for those who weren't familiar with the use of the pbworks site. I offered a lot of my time into teaching the students in my class how to add pictures, links, and pages. I also offered my suggestions to them about their topics or tasks when asked.

The webquest overall was an incredible experience and I walked away from it learning a lot about the process of creating a webquest. I also learned that I can be creative, and for me that was huge because I struggle a lot with creativity! I tend to think too much about something and I always worry that it isn't going to be good enough. I have learned a lot over the past two years with Dr. Smirnova, and as a result I have become much more confident in my work and my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment