Saturday, November 6, 2010

Evaluate Evaluate Evaluate!




This week in class was all about evaluating: Direct Instruction Lesson Plans!!

I was given a direct instruction lesson plan on money to evaluate using the direct instruction lesson plan frame as my guide. This was a lot of fun for me! Honestly, I could spend hours looking at lesson plans! I am personally not the biggest fan of direct instruction. I think this type of method is necessary when introducing a new topic but, it should not be the only method used.



I enjoyed the way literature was used in the math lesson. The students were going to be read a book about how Alexander spent his dollar. After reading the story, the students were asked to write their own story about how they would spend a dollar if they had one. I love when teacher's can connect literature to their lessons because seeing things through the eyes of someone else really can help aide in student understanding.

I think that the development would have been easier to understand if it were broken up into parts. If the development was in parts it would be much easier for the teacher and anyone else reading the lesson plan to understand. Lastly, the development was also missing closure which is an important aspect to creating a great lesson plan.

Overall, the teacher has a head start and is in the process of creating a great lesson plan on money!

No comments:

Post a Comment