Monday, December 6, 2010

Treasure Hunt Adventure!


The Treasure Hunt experience was a memorable one for me. I enjoyed creating a treasure hunt and I also very much enjoyed working with Meghan Stackpole and Rebecca Kenol. I thought a treasure hunt could be a great way to get students focused on a topic in a fun way.

For the project our group was assigned to create a treasure hunt on Information Processing Techniques. We split up the different techniques and my main focus was on Mnemonics. The video shows one way of learning how to remember the order of operations in math.

I didn't know much about this technique until after I completed my part of the Treasure Hunt! I actually fell in love with this technique and thought it would be a useful tool for any teacher to use in the classroom to help their students remember a concept.

Mnemonics is a phrase that helps you memorize important concepts. Example: Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally is another technique that can be used to remember the order of operations in math: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction.

I enjoyed the treasure hunt and hope to one day be able to use it in my classroom as a learning technique for my students, and I will definitely be using Mnemonics!

No comments:

Post a Comment