Monday, December 6, 2010

The End of the Fall of 2010


As I reach my final blog of the semester, I am sad and relieved! The semester flew by, but I guess time flies when you are having fun! I have learned so much these past two semesters with Dr. Smirnova as my professor. I always felt as if I were being pushed to be better and better.

I also realized that everyone makes mistakes this semester. I messed up some things with my Direct Instruction lesson and Dr. Smirnova gave me the option to fix it on google docs with her. I was also told she wanted to use my work as a student example which I felt honored to be chosen!

I would do anything to improve my work and my learning. It doesn't matter to me all of the extra things I do and don't receive a grade for because in my mind I am grading myself and I never take the easy way out. I love to be challenged and I also love to be rewarded.

I also feel that it is important to help others who are struggling. Who would have guessed that arriving two weeks into the course I would be the one people came to when they needed help. That really means a lot to me and I was more than happy to help!

I have also learned so much about technology and how I could use it in my classroom when I am a teacher. I don't think I would have been able to become so knowledgeable about technology if it were not for these past two semesters with Dr. Smirnova!

I think I am different today then I was in the beginning of the semester. I am much more confident than I was in the beginning of the semester. I feel more confident in that I know what I am doing with lesson planning, and Smart Board Activities and so on.

I have learned that being a teacher is the most rewarding experience a person can have. My fieldwork experience has made a lasting impression on me in that I had the best time working with Mrs. Ferguson and her class. I really felt like I was getting through to them in the expansion of their minds with technology use.

The lesson planning process made me think and discover in many ways. At first I was having a difficult time coming up with something to teach and then once I got it I discovered a million different ways of implementing it by using the different techniques learned in class such as : Webquests and Think Pair Share.

I think all of the methods worked for me in the Elementary setting throughout my fieldwork. It was a positive experience and all of the methods helped me differentiate the different aspects that go into to teaching using those methods. My Peers, Dr. Smirnova, and Mrs. Ferguson helped me in this process.

If I had to think of what I could improve in myself I think it would be to be able to create my own Smart Board lesson activities. I expected to learn something I didn’t know before through this course and the college experience as well and I think I am going to walk away from this course with a bundle of knowledge! I have experienced lesson planning, different methods, webquest planning, treasure hunt creation, thinking hats, fieldwork, teaching in a classroom, using a Smart Board and so on.

The long road to becoming a teacher is truly an exciting endeavor! I am looking forward to semesters to come and to graduating from the Mount. I also look forward to the life I am going to lead as an Elementary School Teacher! Most of all I am looking forward to raising a family and living my life in the country happily married one day!

When i look into my future I see all of this and more!
FIREWORKS!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment