Saturday, September 18, 2010

Aims, Goals, Objectives, Oh My!


After learning about the four models of teaching, the class got into the beginning stages of direct instruction. If I had to choose a model to go by in my own classroom I think I would be a social interaction/personal kind of teacher because those models interest me the most but, I am sure I will use all four models of teaching because every student has different abilities.


Direct instruction and Indirect instruction are two possible strategies a teacher can follow. I think my students would enjoy more of an indirect path because there are three possible ways you can teach indirectly: Interactive, Independant, and Experential. Although I will use Direct instruction at times (especially when introduing a new concept) I feel like indirect would be a better approach to keep my future students engaged.

In class we also had some more review formulating goals and objectives. I know that a goal is a general statement and that an objective is the most specific statement of a teacher's intention of how a lesson will be taught. I think that before I can find success in formulating goals and objectives one would have to be familiar with what a goal and a objective is.
When researching to learn more about goals and objectives I came across this video. I thought it ws helpful because it was a review of what goals and objectives are and why it is important to use goals and objectives in your teaching.

Overall, this was a great week in class and I walked away from it learning many things that will help me when I go to plan lessons and create my webquest.

1 comment:

  1. i am a strong supporter of the idea that everything depends on the person and his/her attitude. If he or she is motivated, then everything is going to be OK:
    15 Rules of Motivation.

    ReplyDelete